Header Intro

This is a story detailing my battle with Liver Disease and the events the got me here. It is a story of hope and determination and inspiration.

If you enjoy this blog, please follow, subscribe and pass it along to friends.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Super Shittty Fucking Day

Sounds like the opening chorus to chitty chitty bang bang, but it’s not. Shitty day. Had an appointment this morning with Nurse K, who isn't a bad person at all. On a previous post I had said that her office was completely devoid of any sort of personal effect, well, today I spotted an 8x10 glossy of a little baby. I'll assume it’s hers.

So the meeting started off discussing the symptoms I'm currently having Ascites (fluid in the abdomen); insomnia, no explanation necessary; confusion? Me confused? Well yes, but I readily admit I've been confused for most of my life and I'd attest that most people I've met are as well. Okay, maybe only in circles I used to travel in. So apparently there can be this thing where the fluid in your abdomen can create a back log of ammonia on the brain, which in turns creates confusion. What else... what else.... oh the fact that she thinks I should get cured for HCV before I get a liver. Odd, the transplant folks say take the liver when it comes down the pike. Oh, and depression, supposedly I'm in depression denial. I don't feel depressed but we're not taking any chances here so I get to go back and see a Head Doctor, Doctor Surnam. Cool dude and I don't mind at all, I enjoyed talking to him during my transplant screening scenario. I liked the fact that he was completely disheveled and was wearing shoes that didn't match.

Then we discussed the interferon protocol in detail, one self-administered shot a week five pills plus what I'm currently taking, plus maybe one or two more. I left the meeting feeling very hopeful but realizing its going to be more difficult than I initially thought.

Send me good thoughts and skyline chili.

4 comments:

  1. Good thoughts are headed your way right now. The coney might be cold and moldy by the time you get it in the mail. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send some down here too...along with a Big Boy and a diet cherry coke!!! You and your family are continually in our prayers...we love you all so much!!!! The journey may be difficult through harsh winds, thick mud, steep rocky slopes, but with each tiny step you make, however difficult, you are closer to your destination. Just keep taking those tiny steps...your family and friends are here to support, push or pull you along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thinking 'bout ya....wouldn't skyline be bad for ya? if you really want it, i will send it.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. hanging on to the hope with you!

    ReplyDelete